Friday, October 20, 2006

In case of fire- please do not leave the building

Last night all bells and whistles were ringing at 2:10am as our trusty building alarm went off.

I jumped right out of the bed- and went for my paddling bag, thinking it was training time...but no it was really the tinny old fashioned DING DING DING DONG going crazy.

Surprisingly, or perhaps not at all, Alan and I were the only ones to grab our keys and get out of the building...there are 18 flats in our building and  full occupied at the moment...and no one else dared to move.

I suppose in the end they were smart as there was no fire- but really who would know?

About twenty minutes after the alarms stopped (the crazy DING DING DING went on for at least ten minutes) the trusty local fire brigade rocked up...they must have been scared to leave their building too!

I suspect that a thirty minute response time might be normal someplaces but I am surprised they were so slow in Singapore. (I wonder if they brought their truck!)

A Fireman, with a very serious voice, came to my door knocking loudly and saying- "SFB are you alright?". 

I wanted to tell him, what is your hurry, the alarm all the fuss this was done 30 minutes ago...I am  like everyone else is back in my bed! zzzzzzz......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home